Pages

Monday, August 20, 2012

ABC Challenge: "U"

Hello all!  I hope you all had a great weekend!  I had off this weekend (which is rare) but I ended up with some sort of bug and so did my little baby boy.  We are doing much better now which is good!

So for the Alphabet Challenge we are getting to some more difficult letters..at least for my collection.  I do not own a single polish that starts with the letter U.  I really wanted to try to be creative on this one and I thought of one of my favorite family movies, Up.  Now I am not big on nail art as I just am not good at it.  So I was trying to figure out if there was something I could do with that without being too complicated.  I thought of trying to do something that resembles the sky.  I picked out two blue polishes which were Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Blue-Away and than Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure (CSM) in The Sky's the Limit.  If even has the word Sky in it which we generally look up when we look at the sky.  (Am a reaching a bit here?).  

So, with these two colors, I wanted to try something I had not tried before.  I did a Saran manicure.  You can go to Nailed It for a good tutorial on this.  If anyone would like me to post a tutorial here, let me know and I would be happy to do it.  This is actually very easy!  I really love how it turned out with the exception of my not so stellar clean up.  Plus, I waited to photograph it and actually broke a piece of my pinkie nail off which is why there is a chip.  

Also on a side note, check your clearance bins at Walgreen's!  I found the CSM polish for $3 and it is normally almost $8!



What do you think of this technique?  



12 comments:

  1. It looks great! I love how easy some of these abstract techniques are. I'm really excited to try this one. Yours is so pretty and delicate, and I'm totally loving those sky blues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm not good with nail art but this was totally doable. I can't wait to do it again and I hope you do a blog post when you do it.

      Delete
  2. It's so pretty! I have got to try the saran wrap technique. I love every single pic I see, but when I sit down to do my nails, I never think to do it. I just wrote myself a note, maybe it'll show up on my blog soon. Haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do have to try it! It is really simple with the exception of cleanup. I hope it does show up on your blog!

      Delete
  3. I love the blues you used, this is a gorgeous Saran wrap mani!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks awesome! It does look like a cloudy sky. Great job and very creative with the letter U :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love how this turned out!!! I haven't tried the saran wrap technique yet and I see that I have to!! Great thinking for the U letter!!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! You should really try it! The hardest part is waiting for the first layer to dry completely and also the clean up. But it really is quite simple and there are endless combinations you could do!

      Delete
  6. I love the way this turned out - really pretty. I have yet to try this technique but I really want to.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Conversely, if you respond quickly and appropriately, your customers might actually trust you more.play bazaar

    play bazaar

    ReplyDelete