Pages

Thursday, August 2, 2012

ABC Challenge: "K"

Today I have for you the letter K in the Alphabet Challenge.  I was excited for this one as I knew exactly which polish I wanted to use.  I had picked up several polishes from the China Glaze On Safari collection.  I had seen several swatches of Kalahari Kiss and knew I needed to have it.  Well....I don't think I like it on me.  I think it leans too yellow for my skin tone.  I'm kind of bummed but I can always swap it to someone who actually wants it.  Due to the fact that I didn't like how it looked on me, I wanted to spice it up somehow.  I decided to add a glitter polish that I have yet to try from Icing called Teal Me I'm Awesome.  This is the second glitter polish I've tried from Icing and I'm quite impressed.  I only needed one coat of top coat and it was smooth.  I actually liked the combo together but I'm just not a fan of Kalahari Kiss by itself on me.  Maybe it's due to me just wearing a more nude polish yesterday and I'm nuded (yes, I'm making up words!) out.  Enough of my whining!




What are your thoughts?  Do you think it looks better layered?


10 comments:

  1. I agree with Essie. I love the name, though... Kalahari Kiss. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just doesn't work with my skin tone. I wanted to like this so bad! Ugh!

      Delete
  2. Besides I'm Not Lion, Kalahari Kiss is my favorite color in the On Safari Collection

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have I'm Not Lion and haven't tried it yet. Maybe I should try a gradient with KK and that one. Hmmmmm

      Delete
  3. Yes yes and yes, it definitely looks better layered!!!
    Those teal sparks add so much interest to the otherwise a bit... boring color!
    You actually made it soar!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely prefer it layered!! I'm not a fan of the nudes though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a sucker for nudes which is probably why I wanted to like this so much!

      Delete
  5. Definitely looks better layered. But then, I'm extremely partial to teal. :) Loving that teal glitter polish! And personally, I don't like the color of Kalahari Kiss. It's like a baby poop looking color to me. Not my style. But, to each her own! :)

    ReplyDelete