Pages

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Makeup Haul! 1st time...maybe last time?


Hello lovely people!  Something you may not know about me is I am not only a nail polish lover, but I love makeup too!  I've actually been into makeup a lot longer than I've been into nail polish, but nail polish has definitely taken over and it is my number one beauty-related love.  MUA (MakeUp Academy) is a UK brand and they were recently having a sale.  I believe the sale was 30% off PLUS free shipping including free shipping to the US.  First off, their products are already extremely affordable but something about the free shipping was what gave me the push!  I had heard good things about the eye shadows so I figured what the heck!  When it comes to makeup, I am definitely an eye person.  I love eye shadow and eye liner.  I am very much drawn to colorful eye shadows but I am mostly a neutral girl.  Most of the time I save the colors for my nails! :)

When I named my blog, I actually named it Polish and Such for the exact reason that I thought I would maybe someday want to include other beauty related things.  Here is my first one.  I just took pics of the things I ordered.  The grand total on all of this was under $20!!! Crazy, right?!!

Let me know your opinions on this post.  I was thinking about doing a Naked palette comparison/possible dupe on a future post if that would be something of interest.  Or would you rather I stick to just nail polish??

I am pretty sure this eyebrow pencil is not going to work.  I love the brush on the end but it is just so dark!  I have pretty dark eyebrows but I tried this and it made me look crazy and just doesn't seem like the consistency an eyebrow pencil should be.  It is actually creamy.  Maybe I can utilize it as an eye shadow base.  


This shade doesn't have a name.  It just just number 2.  I like it from what I tried.  It is creamy.  Also blends out well if you like using your lipstick as a blush.  









Just a general sum-up of the eye shadows, they are mostly very good and pigmented.  A couple of the more sparkly ones are pretty chalky.  I haven't actually used these on yet but I'm looking forward to doing so.  

Again, I would love to hear your thoughts on this kind of post.  

5 comments:

  1. Love seeing these posts and actually thought you'd be doing more of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good blog girl! Your pictures are nice and sharp!

    Kerrie from Gorgeous-Glamour

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love seeing more beauty posts from you! That heaven and earth palette looks great! I have never tried MUA before, but it sounds like you found a great sale!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love makeup too so keep on posting stuff like this:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. When people see that they're thoughts are being heard, they will trust you and your products. Make sure you respond in a timely manner to avoid making your customers feel ignored.satta king

    satta king

    ReplyDelete