Pages

Friday, October 5, 2012

Frugal Friday: Sally Hansen Grey Area/Possible Dupe

Welcome to Frugal Friday.  I had a really busy week this week.  The fall colors are at their peak around here and it is gorgeous!  I am really excited as I had my boys pictures taken this week with the beautiful fall colors.  But with fall, the weather seems to get cold pretty fast here.  It was pretty chilly today and I am not a cold weather gal!  Burrrr!

For today's Frugal Friday, I picked Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Grey Area.  Oh how I love colors like this.  It is a darker grey that has a hint of purple to it.  I asked my husband what he would describe the color as...he said "Umm, kind of purple, brown?"  Haha!  For the photos, I used two coats and topped with Seche Vite.  Application was very smooth!  Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear polishes are often on sale at Walgreens two for $4.  I figured that price was low enough to qualify for Frugal Friday.

Also I have pictures below featuring bottle shots and on a nail wheel of Grey Area next to Essie Smokin' Hot.  I'm not sure that they are exact dupes but they are extremely close.




What do you think?  Dupes?  I think you definitely don't need both.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

Amy

8 comments:

  1. Definitely dupes!! Very pretty though!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I definitely think it is a matter of..if you have one, you don't need the other. :)

      Delete
  2. I think they are pretty good dupes. I have Grey Area too - we sure do have a lot of polishes in common! And thanks, now I don't need the Essie:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely don't need the Essie! We sure do have a lot of polishes in common! :)

      Delete
  3. I love these colors! I have a few shirts/sweaters that match perfectly, lol. Smokin' Hot looks a shade redder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!! I do not however have any tops that match these but I really should! I am mostly a neutral girl when it comes to clothing. I am not the best at comparing colors especially when it comes to tones/undertones, etc. Thank you for having such good eyes! :)

      Delete