Pages

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

LE Maybelline Color Show - Downtown Brown (Picture Heavy)

Hey there!  I was at Bed, Bath and Beyond recently and they had a new display of various Maybelline products.  There were either 5 or 6 polishes in the display and they are Limited Edition.  I bought three of them which were Metal Icon, Pink Cosmo and Downtown Brown which is the one I am featuring here today.  I will try to get the other two up soon too.  If you are a fan of this, I recommend trying to find these soon since they are LE.

Regarding the one I am featuring here today which is Downtown Brown, it is perfect for fall!  It's a red toned brown with a green sort of duochrome.  If you are familiar with MAC's Club eyeshadow....it is pretty much that in a nail polish.  I actually applied this on Monday and it still looked good today as far as wear.  I loved it so much I don't want to take it off.  This is rare for me since I pretty much change my polish on a daily basis.  I am pretty impressed.

The formula of this was thin but it builds up nicely.  For the photos I used 3 coats but I think you could easily get away with 2.  I also used Seche Vite for a top coat.







Have a great day everyone!  

Amy


4 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I love the green shimmer, it reminds me of mint chocolate chip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is cool. Very unique:) I wish my Bed Bath & Beyond had makeup/polish:( I've never tried these polishes before. I may need to pick this one up since it's so unique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!!! I love the green shimmer, makes it look so much more interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really should just get this polish already. It looks soooo freakin cool and unique, but brown polish and I are only now starting to get along... Your swatches look great, Amy. I'm becoming powerless to resist, lol.

    ReplyDelete